How to use Google analytics filters like a pro
Google Analytics is a service that Google offers to track web traffic. Because, Good analytics was launched in November 2005, and Google owns it.
Google Analytics is used to analyze statistics and essential analytical tools for SEO and marketing purposes. And it is free for everyone to use, but an individual can buy the premium packages of monthly charges for its advanced features.
Google Analytics is helpful for an individual to identify the trends and patterns of how visitors are engaging on the website. For most site owners. Hence, it is a powerful and complex tool as it takes time to understand the concept of google analytics.
In this article, we will talk about how to use google analytics like a pro and google filters. Therefore, most importantly and now we will talk about how to create a Google Analytics account.
How to create a Google Analytics account?
Step 1: You need to sign in to your analytics account.
Step 2: Tap on the tap “Admin. Click on the button “create account” from the menu bar.
Step 3: Select the application you want to use, either website or mobile application. Enter the name you want to keep for your account; use a descriptive name so that people can easily understand what this account is for.
Step 4: Enter the name of the website and the app name under setting up your property.
Step 5: Enter the website URL. Hence, You cannot create a property if your URL isn’t in a proper format.
Step 6: Select an industry category.
Step 7: Choose the appropriate reporting time zone. Hence, click the data sharing section, and many more settings as per your preference.
Step 8: Click on the “Get tracking ID” button to get the tracking link.
What are the types of Google analytics?
- Destination: Destination goals allow an individual to set a specific page to keep an eye on. You can put many destination goals, and every time a user visits one of those pages. Hence, it will be counted as a conversion for your goal.
These are generally used to track the submissions and other actions that send users to thank you. Google Analytics helps you count the number of visits to a thank you page. Therefore, it will give you several stops on the website.
- Duration: Duration is used to track the number of minutes or the time an individual has spent on a page. This goal is also a helpful way to track visitors who browse your page, learn about the company, and, most important, read about the content available on the website. It counts the active users of the website.
- Event: It is used to interact with a specified user that already has set up as events on your website. This includes watching a video, engaging with interactive elements, and downloading a piece of content.
- Pages per session: These goals are another way to track the engaged site visitors. It also measures all visits, Duration goal completion, and the number of active and engaged users on the website.
What are Google analytics filters?
Google Analytics filters are used by views to segment the data into smaller groups. These filters are for only specific sunsets of traffic or search and replace certain pieces of information. Therefore, Filters are to arrange the filters perfectly.
Filters can be created either in the account or the view level. The best practice is to complete all the filters in the account to assign them to different views.
You can create your reports for yourself or key decision-makers within your organization. You need the Google Analytics account,
To use the Google Analytics account,
- You need to have a Google Analytics account.
- Add the URL or the name of the industry you are looking to track.
- Add a view to a property m
- You can head the tracking code directly after the head tag of the site.
- And visit the Google Analytics portal and check if the code is working.
Ways to use Google Analytics like a pro:
An individual can easily think and set it,
- Metrics: these are the quantitative variables. Example of metrics is age, population, and temperature.
- Dimensions: it is a Category variable, which generally includes the names, colors, and places. Dimensions can be classified in Google Analytics. Examples of common dimensions include:
- Browser type;
- City and country;
- Models of devices; and
- User age group.
You can add several dimensions and metrics by clicking the ‘dimensions and metrics.’ Other than this, there are some filters you can do that require using some of the other directives.
Google Analytics account helps you create custom dimensions and metrics, whereas you track the membership of an individual who has made the account in the custom dimensions and metrics.
It is helpful to run a blog if you want to understand how audience engagement impacts other metrics, and you can create three custom dimensions for each one,
- Advocate shows users who share one-plus posts on social media accounts.
- Customer: Users who purchased premium access.
- It is helpful to sign up for your email list.
Google analytics comes with a built-in audience. The tracking code installed will automatically break down the visitor data into these audience reports.
Google analytics segment is the subset of the data of an individual.
- Users: It endures who have brought something on your site before, users who have signed you for consultation, etc.
- Sessions: All sessions generation for the marketing campaign. Where prices are visible.
- Hits: Hits are the purchase where a specific product, added to the cart.
Google Analytics reports:
Google Analytics reports show the six reporting options, and clicking on any gives you more options.Therefore, It shows the real-time acquisition, audience, behaviour, and consultation.
Real-time users give you a report showing what is happening on your website. It enables an individual to have a complete record of visitors on social media platforms.
You are now ready to track on Google Analytics. Hence, Google Analytics is a valuable tool for the business as it gives us actual data you apply to grow your business.
Google Analytics is the service that Google has offered. Hence, it has been available for everyone to use since November 2005. Google Analytics is to measure the number of visitors on the website. To use a google analytics filter, one should have a Google Analytics account, and it enables an individual to select all the filters as per their preference. Hence, Dimensions and metrics are the sources that will allow an individual to measure the number of visitors on the website and many more things.